Handmade touches can make every Thanksgiving table feel more personal. These scrapbook paper pumpkins are easy to make and can compliment any existing decor. Whatever quantity or size you’re looking for, these pumpkins are a great touch and easy for kids to make too.
What you’ll need:
• Scrapbook Paper – 7 to 8 sheets,
more if you’d like to make more than 3 or 4 pumpkins
• 3 Circular Objects
• Green Construction Paper
• Brown Paper Bag
• Hot Glue Gun
1. Begin by tracing 3 different size circles onto each of the scrapbook pages. Depending on the size of your circles you may be able to fit more than 3. You’ll need at least 7 circles to complete each pumpkin.
2. Once the circles are cut, stack them and cut a straight line across the bottom so the pumpkin will sit flat on the table.
3. Fold each of the circles with the pattern on the inside, white side out. Be sure to pay attention to your folding, make sure the bottom stays in line.
4. Now, you’ll begin to glue. Take one of your folded circles, apply glue to the edges of one side then take another circle and stick one side of the second circle to the first.
5. Trim any white edges that hang over on the two sides that were just glued and make sure the bottom is still flat.
6. Continue to glue the next folded side of the pumpkin and attach an additional circle, then trim.
7. Continue doing this until all circles are used. Then, glue the two remaining sides together to close the pumpkin.
8. From your green construction paper, cut a clover style leaf to attach to the top of your pumpkin.
9. Also cut thin strips of green paper and curl them using your scissors.
10. Tear a piece of your paper bag and twist it to make the pumpkin’s stem.
11. Glue the stem and curled strips to the clover shaped leave and then glue to the pumpkin.
12. Continue steps to create other sized pumpkins.