A free community event for the entire family!
Please RSVP @ 800-822-7505
June 3, 2018 • 2 p.m. – 6 p.m.
Rain or Shine!
What’s in store…
• Free community event, fun for the entire family!
• Music, BBQ, prizes and surprises!
(including zip line, barrel train rides, and more)
• Meet the staff of our growing Day Camp
and Overnight “Wilderness” Camps & Expeditions.
• Explore the lovely surroundings of 888 acres
with waterfalls and hiking trails.
• 3 p.m. – Dedication of the NEW Youth Activity Center
Spruce Lake Day Camp and Overnight Wilderness Camp is exactly how a kid’s summer should be – full of adventure and the outdoors! Kids ranging in age from 5-18 can enjoy swimming, hiking, kayaking, paddle boating, zip lining, mini golf, basketball, tennis, volleyball, and more! Clean facilities, a low ratio of children to counselors, and a kind and dedicated staff ensure that your little ones will be in the greatest of care and will love every minute they spend at camp. Located nearby in Barrett Township, Spruce Lake’s Open House is a great opportunity to learn more about Spruce Lake’s impressive summer programs.
• Overnight Wilderness Camp: Give your kids a summer to remember at Spruce Lake’s Wilderness (overnight) Camp for ages 7-18! Experiences include exciting, new Color Clash fun, swimming, outdoor recreation, zip lining, and nightly fireside worship, as well as off-site canoe, backpacking, and mountain biking trips! Counselors and staff are positive role models who put the love of Christ into action and demonstrate the spirit of getting along with others.
• Day Camp: Spruce Lake Day Camp, for kids ages 5-13, is filled with so much fun, your kids will store up memories for a lifetime! Day Camp is an exciting mix of play, learning, and worship that is different every week, capturing campers’ interests and creativity. Experienced, caring counselors guide the children at all times throughout the day and demonstrate how to get along with others. Kids are encouraged to discover how God is involved in their lives and world.
During this year’s Open House, Spruce Lake will be dedicating the NEW Youth Activity Center. The vision for the youth ministry is “to grow Spruce Lake Wilderness camp into a year-round Youth Ministry Center to point more young people toward Christ.”
New Youth Activity Center
• Started construction September 2017, expect to be open for summer camp June 2018.
• The new Center will house a gym with basketball and volleyball courts, indoor high ropes course, and a climbing/bouldering wall.
• Meeting rooms for small group discussions or Bible studies
• A stage in the gym so it can double as an auditorium
• This will be our new HUB for youth ministries, including Day Camp, summer Wilderness (overnight) Camp, our new IGNITE youth weekends, as well as guest youth groups.
• The building is already approximately 90% funded, and we anticipate closing out the campaign debt-free.