Explore the winter wonders in the Northern Pocono Mountains on February 8 – 9th.
It’s time to get out and experience what the Lake Wallenpaupack, Hawley and Honesdale area has to offer this time of year. Don’t let the frozen temps scare you, there’s plenty of winter fun to enjoy. Whether you’re traveling from near or far, the weekend is packed with special events. From pond hockey to curling, you might just discover your new favorite sport.
Visit the amazing restaurants and enjoy plenty of entertainment throughout the weekend. Stop by the big tent at Wally Ice Fest to enjoy live music while you wait for your next game. Look behind the tent to the basketball courts for fun games of chance & skill. Or if you’d like to stay warm and cozy then head over to the Lodge at Watonka for a hot chocolate and sit at the outdoor campfire while watching the rest of the games. There’s something for everyone!
Be sure to check out two of the main events, a Pocono Pond Hockey Tournament and the Anthracite Club Curling Demonstrations and Games. This year’s events will take place at the new Watonka Outdoor Facilities.
Celebrate the best of winter fun in the Poconos! For more information, visit wallyicefest.com for a complete itinerary and event list. Also check out the new watonkaoutdoor.com. Stay up to date with the specifics of the events and the latest, up-to-the-minute details on Facebook as well. See you there!
Friday, February 7th
• Pre-Game Warm-Ups & Live Music
• 6 – 9pm:Teams Check-in / Volunteer Meeting
@ Wallenpaupack Brewing Co.
• 6 – 9pm: “Lighten Up! Band” @ Wallenpaupack Brewing Co.
• 8pm – Midnight: “Kevin Campion” @ The Dock at Silver Birches
Saturday, February 8th
“Sticks & Stones”
• 9am – 4pm: Pond Hockey Tournament @ Rinks #1-8 on Lake Watonka
• 10am – 3pm: Curling Demonstrations & Games @ the curling rinks
• 10am – 3pm: Public Skating @ public rink (need your own skates)
• 11 – 11am: “Clean Sheet” Challenge – ice bowling (all ages)
• 12 – 12:30pm: “Stick ‘n’ Tired” Game – Cornhole (ages 12 & up)
• 1 – 1:30pm: “Fore in the Five-Hole” Challenge (ages 6 & up)
• 2 – 2:30pm: “The Kegger” – keg tossing and keg roll races (ages 12 & up)
• 3 – 3:30pm: “ LRC D-ICE” Game (left, right, center dice) (ages 6 & up)
“Rhythm & Blues”
• Live Music, Food, and LaBatt Blue specials!
• 12 – 3pm: “Bob Tellefsen & Co.” at the Fire Pits and Tent
• 3 – 6pm: “Wally & the Paupacks” inside Watonka Lodge
• 5 – 5:30pm: Hockey Social at “The Lodge ” @ Watonka Lodge
• Tournament Awards Ceremony and Door Prizes
We invite you to enjoy a delicious meal at any of our wonderful nearby restaurants along the shores of Lake Wallenpaupack!
The Boathouse, Gresham’s Chophouse,
The Dock at Silver Birches
• 8:30 – 11:30pm: Live Music w/ “ Jonny D ” @ Gresham’s Chop House
Sunday, February 9th
“Lord Wally’s Cup”
• 9am – 2pm: Pond Hockey Playoffs @ Lake Watonka Rinks #1-8
• 2pm: Pond Hockey Championship Awards – see rink staff for exact time and location.
• 2:30pm: Championship Celebration @ The Boathouse Restaurant.
Wally at Watonka PA
Watonka Outdoor Facilities
328 Wangum Falls Road
Hawley, PA 18428